849 on Wilcox Avenue in North Hollywood
In this 1937 view at Wilcox Avenue in North Hollywood , the crew of westbound Pacific Electric no. 849 take a few minutes before continuing on to Canoga Park. The upgraded “Valley Sevens” would soon bump the 800s from this run, and most of the 800s would be retired.
Al Haij Photo, Ralph Cantos Collection
The dash sign shows “San Fernando”. Not sure if it happened at exactly the same time, but the San Fernando and Owensmouth/Canoga Park branches were abandoned in 1938, which is when the Valley Seven cars went into service.