Division 5 Car House
A view of the Los Angeles Transit Lines (former Los Angeles Railway) Division 5 Car House as seen from the north end of the property, captured on December 20, 1954.
Alan Weeks Photo, Alan Weeks Collection
From Alan Weeks:
In December 1954, they had started to prepare for the end of rail service and convert the car house to buses. The big conversion was to take place in 1954. The PUC did not give them permission to do so at that time. So 50 brand new GMC 5100’s were parked in front of Div.5 until May 21, 1955 when rail lines 5-7-8-9-F were abandoned.
Here is a contemporary view of the location, which continues to serve as a transit yard for the contemporary Los Angeles Metropolitan Transportation Authority:
View Larger Map