Excursion 498 on the El Segundo Line
By Stephen Dudley
More from the February 16, 1958 excursion using Metropolitan Coach Lines car no. 498. In this image, 498 is stopped on the El Segundo Line just past the Watts Car House which can be seen in the distance. Trolley wire was maintained on the southbound track to allow cars to access the car house from the south. Wire on northbound track had been removed. Once trolley poles were reversed, 498 would run north on the southbound track to re-join the southbound main. Someone had appropriately inserted
in the train number display “X-498”.
Stephen Dudley Photo, Stephen Dudley Collection