Western District

Railroad Boosters at Palms Station

Posted on: January 3, 2010 by PERyHS 1 Comment
Alan Weeks Collection

Alan Weeks Collection

A Railroad Boosters special charter of Metropolitan Transit Authority (ex-Pacific Electric) no. 738 idles at Palm Station in West Los Angeles.

Alan Weeks Collection

One Response

  1. Steve Crise

    January 4, 2010

    This is the station that was used in the closing scene of the 1929 Laurel & Hardy film “Berth Marks”. Interestingly enough, in the film they boarded their train at the Santa Fe station in downtown Los Angeles and eventually disembark at Palms station, a Southern Pacific destination. Today, the National Blvd. on ramp to the Santa Monica Freeway (Interstate 10) would be just out of frame on the left in this classic southern California scene.

    Reply

Leave a Reply