The seldom seen B-2 truck of PE PCC #5009 undergoes "heavy repairs" at Toluca Yard.
From Ralph Cantos:
After the Hollywood Boulevard-Beverly Hills line was abandoned in Sept of 1954, the repair shops at West Hollywood, such as they were, were closed. Thereafter, all major repairs on the 30 PCCs and 15 Hollywood cars was performed with "modern, up to date" tools as seen here (scrap wood 2x4s, hydraulic hand jacks, and PEP BOYS jack stands) One can only speculate how much longer the dedicated personnel (or person) at Toluca Yard "repair shops" could have kept the PCCs and Hollywood cars in operation which by this time, were on an RTF (run til frailer) "maintenance" program.
Ralph Cantos Collection