Western District

166 For Employees Only

Posted on: December 17, 2009 by PERyHS 2 Comments
Jack Finn Collection

Jack Finn Collection

Pacific Electric streetcar no. 166 bears an interesting side-mounted destination sign reading "Employees Only."

Jack Finn Collection

2 Responses

  1. Ed Weiss

    January 19, 2012

    This car was in service from downtown Torrance to the PE shops.

    Reply
  2. Bob Davis

    January 19, 2012

    Most cars of the 160-class (built by Jewett in 1913) were scrapped in the early 1930’s. 163 and 166 lasted until 1940 before they were scrapped. Other cars of this type were used in San Jose, and one of them has been rebuilt as part of the VTA historic fleet.

    Reply

Leave a Reply