Northern District

758 near Santa Anita

Posted on: June 9, 2010 by PERyHS 2 Comments
Alan Weeks Photo, Alan Weeks Collection

Alan Weeks Photo, Alan Weeks Collection

Pacific Electric car no. 758 heads westbound to Los Angeles on the Glendora Line, passing near Santa Anita. The image is dated September 6, 1951.

Alan Weeks Photo
Alan Weeks Collection

2 Responses

  1. Bob Davis

    June 9, 2010

    Abandonment was less than a month away. During racing season, a portable substation would be spotted near this location, but by September, the hayburners were off to other tracks. The photographer was standing just a short distance away from the site of the present-day Arcadia Historical Museum, and the big empty space to the left of the car is now Arcadia Methodist Hospital.

    Reply
  2. Bob Davis

    June 21, 2010

    At last report, this car survives near Buenos Aires, Argentina. It was converted into a line car, the only car in the 732-759 series that still exists. It is in “rough” shape, but could be restored.

    Reply

Leave a Reply