Northern District

363 at Forest Avenue and Lincoln

Posted on: November 1, 2011 by PERyHS 1 Comment
Harold F. Stewart Photo, Stan Kistler Collection

Harold F. Stewart Photo, Stan Kistler Collection

 
Pacific Electric car no. 363 (and its beaming motorman) roll through the corner of Forest Avenue and Lincoln on the Pasadena Lincoln Avenue Line on June 20, 1940.
 
Harold F. Stewart Photo, Stan Kistler Collection

One Response

  1. Bob Davis

    November 4, 2011

    Although the streetcar line was abandoned in 1941, the crossing diamonds for the Union Pacific Pasadena/Altadena branch were still in place in 1968. The car probably crossed the branch a few minutes earlier. Note the Gilmore gas station (their trademark was a lion: “Roar with Gilmore”) and on the extreme right, the State Highway 118 sign. In those days the 118 started at Fair Oaks & Colorado in downtown Pasadena.

    Does the dash sign read “Rose Bowl”?

    Reply

Leave a Reply