C. C. Pierce Collection, Historical Photographs, Photographer, 1572 W. Pico Street, Los Angeles, negative number 1704. Written on the back reads, "Florence House as Ellington Drug Store, N-W corner 4th and Spring, A. W. Ellington, Proprietor of Drug Store. Listed in 1900 - 1901 City Directory at 357 South Spring Street. Not listed in 1895 directory. Building still there in 1934. Torn down January 1938." Florence House apparently refers to the rooms for rent upstairs, according to the sign on the left, second story corner of the building. Note the double tracks in the foreground. Photo undated.
Michael Patris Collection