It's a bright, sunny day on December 20, 1954, as Los Angeles Transit Line cars nos. 1425 and 1419 are captured at the former Los Angeles Railway Division 5 Car House, located at 54th and Second in the City of Los Angeles.
Alan Weeks Photo, Alan Weeks Collection
From Alan Weeks:
In December 1954, they had started to prepare for the end of rail service and convert the car house to buses. The big conversion was to take place in 1954. The PUC did not give them permission to do so at that time. So 50 brand new GMC 5100′s were parked in front of Div.5 until May 21, 1955 when rail lines 5-7-8-9-F were abandoned.
Here is a contemporary view of the location:
View Larger Map